United Guaranty offers card-based rate plans to meet your – and your borrowers’ – mortgage preferences. Your choice of rate card pricing allows a comprehensive range of loan types and MI coverage.
Rates are subject to state approvals.
- State Approvals for BPMI/LPMI Monthly Rates
- State Approvals for BPMI Single Rates
- State Approvals for LPMI Single Rates
- Cancellation Schedule for Limited Refundable Single Premium
Basic Rate MI Options
- Monthly Premium: United Guaranty’s monthly premium plan reduces the borrower’s closing costs. PostPay®—our zero-up-front monthly premium—allows lenders to postpone the initial MI payment until after the borrower’s first P&I payment is received.
- Annual Plan: The borrower pays the first-year premium at closing, and the lender holds smaller partial payments in escrow until the next annual payment date.
- Single Premium: This one-time premium may be added to the loan amount and financed over the term of the loan effectively spreading the cost of mortgage insurance across the entire loan term.
- Split Premium: Available for both monthly and annual plans, these plans allow the borrower to finance an up-front premium and then pay affordable MI renewal premiums.
- With Lender-Paid Mortgage Insurance, the cost of the mortgage insurance is included in the mortgage interest rate, and therefore may increase deductible interest. Most mortgage insurers offer lender-paid mortgage insurance, which cannot be canceled.