Performance Premium MI Options
United Guaranty's Performance Premium® gives you an MI pricing option that's different from the usual "one-size-fits-all" approach. This unique product considers a comprehensive range of risk attributes to generate an individualized price for each loan, making it the first truly risk-based pricing in the market.
Performance Premium has the power to give you:
- A wider credit box—Performance Premium lets us consider borrowers and nontraditional properties (such as second homes) that typically are more difficult to insure. We know we offer opportunities that can't be found on a rate card.
- A real model for real people—More than half of today’s borrowers have credit scores below 760, so our pricing model considers additional factors—like whether there are two borrowers sharing the risk—to provide the best price for your borrower.
- A chance to reward strong borrowers—Home buyers who have been responsible in their financial lives can save money with United Guaranty. It's as simple as that.
- An opportunity to close more loans—Lenders can leverage our fast underwriting on full-file submissions and the ability to do more, different types of loans to help more borrowers turn houses into homes.
- More purchasing power—Borrowers' mortgage insurance premiums may be tax-deductible for homes purchased or refinanced on or after January 1, 2007. For more information, visit our Deduct Your MI Premium page.
Premium Plan Options: Borrower- and Lender-Paid
Understand your borrowers' options for monthly, single, and split premium plans.